Thursday, December 31, 2015

I've always wanted to share my interest in historical miniature wargaming, particularly Napoleonic wargaming with people who had the same enthusiasm for this historical period. Fortunately, my granddaughter, Leyna, who is a wizard with computers, was able to create my blog with just a few judicious key strokes.

This is my first foray into blogging so please bear with me.

I've been painting 15mm miniatures since the early 80's and currently possess approximately 4000 figures, painted and based for various periods. In Ancients, I have Roman, Alexandrian, and Mongol armies. In Napoleonic, I have French (of course), Russian, and British, and I have just finished painting a Portuguese division. I also have a Frederickian army.

I have recently begun to paint and base 6mm Baccus Austrian strips. When I first saw these tiny miniatures, I was dubious that I would ever be able to paint them to a satisfactory quality. However, when I discovered that the details on these figures paint up relatively easy. The reason I chose Baccus, was the quality of the sculpting, and that they came in four figure strips, which made painting and basing easier. Ordering from Baccus was a breeze, and the last order I recited arrived in 8 days from the UK. When I reviewed the 6mm blogs, I liked the massed effect these miniatures produced, and that it would now be possible to set up and play large battles. Furthermore, they were much cheaper than 15s.

In the photos depicting my simulations, the figures are Minifigs and the Rule Set is Empire Third Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment